In this blog post, we will see how to add, assign, delete and monitor iOS Store Apps using Microsoft Intune. To Apply App Protection Policies or App configuration Policies, you will need to add the apps and assign it to the users. If you want to manage Google Play store apps, you can check out my other blog post which shows you how you can manage apps for Managed Google Play Store using Microsoft Intune. Blog Post Link: https://cloudinfra.net/how-to-add-assign-delete-monitor-managed-google-play-store-apps-in-microsoft-intune/
Add iOS Store Apps
Please follow below steps to add iOS Store Apps:
- Login on Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Click on Apps -> All apps -> Click on + Add.
Select iOS store app from the App type drop down list and click Select.
Click on Search the App Store.
Search for the App which you want to add to Intune.
By default it populates most of the app information for you in the app informaiton form. You can modify it or even add more information. For example Minimum Operation System, Category, Show this as a featured app in the company portal or change the logo image etc.
Assign iOS store apps to users
Under All Apps, Select the App which you want to assign it to the users and Click on Properties tab under manage. Click on Edit next to Assignments.
In the Assignment tab, If you assign the app to a group under Required, app will be automatically installed on users phone, there is no action required from users end (Note: when using MAM solution, users still have to install the app from app store on iOS or google play store on Android manually). When the app is assigned to a group under Available for enrolled devices, the app will be available for installation via the Company Portal App for enrolled devices and user will have to install the app manually. Last option is to go with Available with or without enrollment.
Official definition of assignments
- Required: Select the groups for which you want to make this app required. Required apps are installed automatically on enrolled devices. Some platforms may have additional prompts for the end user to acknowledge before app installation begins.
- Available for enrolled devices – Select the groups for which you want to make this app available. Available for enrolled devices apps are displayed in the Company Portal app and website for users to optionally install. Available assignments are only valid for User Groups, not device groups.
- Available with or without enrollment – Select the groups for which you want to make this app available with or without enrollment. Apps with this assignment are displayed in the Company Portal app and website for users to optionally install without requiring the device to be enrolled. Available assignments are only valid for User Groups, not device groups.
Click on Next -> Create to create the app. Within few seconds, you will be able to see the app under All Apps. If you still do not see the app on the console. Click on Refresh button once.
Delete iOS Store Apps
To delete the app and all its assignments, Simply Go to All apps -> Select the App you wish to delete -> Right-Click on it and select delete Or Click on three dots on the right hand site and select delete.
You can also delete the App by clicking on the App and then click on Delete button to delete the application.
Monitor iOS Store Apps Installation
For Monitoring the App Installation and checking the status, you can use below steps:
- Once you are logged on to Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin Center -> Click on All Apps.
- Select / Open the App for which you want to check the Installation status.
- You can check the Overview Tab for Device status or User Status or you can check Device Install Status or User Install Stauts under Monitor tab.