In this blog post, we’ll explore the process of adding, assigning, deleting, and monitoring iOS Store Apps with Microsoft Intune. To safeguard your apps with App protection policies or App configuration policies, the initial steps involve adding the apps to the Intune admin center and then assigning them to users.
You can utilize the Microsoft Intune admin center to manage not only iOS Store apps but also Google Play Store apps. If you’re interested in learning how to manage Google Play Store apps in Intune, you can refer to the blog post titled “How to manage Google Play Store apps using Intune“.
Table of Contents
1. Add iOS Store Apps on Intune
Please follow below steps to Add iOS Store Apps on Intune admin center.
- Sign in to Microsoft Intune admin center
- Click on Apps > All apps > Click on + Add
- From App type drop-down, Selec iOS store app.
- Click on Search the App Store.
- Search for the App that you want to add.
- By default, most of the App information is pre-filled in the App Information form, but you have the flexibility to make modifications or include additional details.
- For instance, you can adjust settings like the Minimum Operating System and category, feature the app in the company portal, or update the logo image as needed.
2. Assign iOS Store Apps to users
Once you’ve added an application, the next step is to assign it to end users for deployment.
- Navigate to “All Apps” and choose the application you want to assign to users.
- Click on the “Properties” tab under “Manage.”
- Select “Edit” next to “Assignments.”
- Required: Automatic installation on user’s phones; no user action needed. (Note: MAM solution requires manual app installation from app stores on iOS and Android).
- Available for enrolled devices: Assign the App to groups of users who can install the app from the Company Portal app or website.
- Available with or without enrollment: Assign this app to groups of users whose devices are not enrolled with Intune. Users must be assigned an Intune license.
- Click on “Next” and then “Create” to complete the app creation process.
3. Delete iOS Store Apps from Intune
To remove an iOS app and its assignments, follow these steps: Go to “All apps,” choose the app to delete, and then right-click or click the three dots on the right-hand side, and select “delete.”
You can also delete the app by opening its deployment and clicking on the “Delete” button to remove the application.
4. Monitor iOS Store Apps on Intune
To Monitor app installations and check their status, you can follow these steps:
- Login on Microsoft Intune admin center.
- Click “All Apps.”
- Choose the app you want to check the installation status for.
- You can find the device and user installation status in the “Overview” tab or under “Monitor” with “Device Install Status” and “User Install Status.”